Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A look back......

I am now 5 weeks pregnant- 1 month down 8 to go. Maybe I shouldn't use that countdown method because at this stage 8 months seems a world away. I really plan on enjoying this pregnancy. Hopefully the sickness will be over soon so that I can actually take in every moment. It's hard to believe that just a few short weeks ago I was believing God for this baby and now I am pregnant. I would like to say that in that process my faith never wavered, but that's not exactly true. During that two week wait I didn't blog much. That time was truly a test of my faith. I wasn't taking any medications, or going to daily doctor's visits any more. I just had to wait. All sorts of thoughts crossed my mind. Even though I prayed and declared this pregnancy before God, I had moments of weakness where I thought... "WHAT IF?" What if it doesn't happen? What if I never get pregnant? The testimony in all of this is that God is merciful and He knows that my trust is in Him. I just allowed that waiting period to turn into a short time of doubt and I deinately did not want to blog those feelings during that time. Even though the thoughts crossed my mind, I am a firm beliver that there is power in what you say. So I definately did not want to speak those feelings of doubt. So here I am now 5 weeks pregnant and it is still a faith walk. I know what the statistics say about the first trimester of pregnancy (being the most critical), but I still believe in the same God that got me to this point. My husband and I speak life to our baby daily. I know...and firmly believe that God is faithful to complete this marvolous work that He has begun in me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment