Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So little...So powerful

So if I wasn't sure before, I am definitely sure now...There is a baby growing in there and he/she is taking over. One blogger described her "symptoms" as gifts, so in the spirit of it all I'll try to stay just as positive (I mean I did ask for this, right). So the following are a list of gifts that my new baby, yet so small, has already given me:

1. Frequent moody/emotional moments
I cried the other morning because a car cut me off on the highway. Are you serious? I couldn't understand why I was so upset at this driver so I cried more. I'm so snappy and irritated a lot. I try hard to check myself (as I was quite feisty before the pregnancy) but it so hard to control the irritation. If I'm not crying, I'm moody. If not moody, then I'm extremely happy (remembering my blessing). Finally, if I'm not happy, then I'm sick -Which brings me to my next "gift".

2. Morning-Noon-Evening-Night Sickness
I think this term morning sickness should be reconsidered. Whoever said the sickness was specific to mornings only? I have several moments where I'm not sick at all, but then there are those moments where I wonder if my baby likes me. I'm nauseous, cramping, irritable and achy. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that these symptoms means my baby is in there. I try to stay positive during those moments, but the term 'morning sickness' is very very misleading :).

3. Sleeping PatternsThere comes a time in my day that sleep hits me and there is nothing I can do about it. Case in point- I took our summer campers outside to play on the playground yesterday and as I enjoyed watching them play, I found myself dozing off uncontrollably. Thank God there was another teacher outside or perhaps I should have been reported to the authorities for child(ren) abuse. I promise it's not my fault though. The sleep hits me like nothing I've ever felt before. It's as if I took 3 times a dosage of NyQuil. I'm still trying to learn how to work through those moments. I don't work at a desk in an office all day. Most of my day is spent with active summer campers who most definitely cannot have one unsupervised moment. What must I do?

4. Finally a "TMI" moment (Warning may not be suitable for young readers :)
Let's talk about these things attached to my body that I once called breast. They now are more like floatation devices. They're huge, they're sore and the option of going braless is no more. I never thought this change would happen so early in pregnancy. I assumed that the further along you are, your body starts to produce the milk to nourish the baby and that is why most women's breast are huge. Well there's no milk, but these things are surely making room for something.

So for now that's all. While I felt the need to document these "gifts", this blog by no means is a complaining session. I gladly accept these changes to my body, especially considering the greater gift that has been given to me. So bring it on baby, Your mama can take...but please be nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment