Tuesday, May 19, 2009

....and counting

Today is day 6 of the 14 day wait. We're almost at the halfway mark and it's not easy. Days 1-4 weren't that bad. Being that the count begins the day after ovulation, days 1 and 2 were both IUI days. So needless to say those days were eventful and promising. Days 3-4 fell on a weekend and I was very tired.
Saturday(Day 3)I slept practically all day. There was a little pain in my lower abdomen that seemed to intensify as the day progressed. I remembered my doctor saying "call us if you feel like your ovaries are swollen". Ok, perhaps I'm just one of those women who is not that in touch with her body (jury still out on that one) but I had no idea what it felt like to have swollen ovaries. He said I would know, and boy was he right. I wasn't sure of the severity of the situation, but I knew something was going on.

Sunday (Day 4) : Not that eventful. Pain had subsided some, which made my day a lot better.

Monday (Day5): Today I had to go to work. I felt somewhat angry that I had to focus on anything other than what I was going through. Having my own business means that I have to put my personal feelings on the back burner and deal with everything else. Today I didn't want to do that. I felt it was so unfair for the parents to come to me with graduation, tuition, or sometimes their own personal issues at this time. I am angry with them even though they know nothing about what's going on. I think the hormones (progesterone) got the best of me. This is the day the 2ww (2 week wait) is starting to get to me. I'm confused. I don't understand completely what is going on in my body. I'm still in pain and I'm tired. I want to go home. I guess today was my "temper tantrum" day. I'm ready for this phase to be over. I called the doctor's office and they asked me to come in. They discovered that I did in fact have swollen ovaries and a little fluid around my uterus. It should go way, but I am to come back if it worsens. IT WON'T!!

Tuesday (day 6): I started today off with a prayer. I prayed for my body, my babies, my husband, and my strength. He's being a trooper but this 2ww is getting to him a little to. This day will go much better than yesterday (In Jesus's Name).

No comments:

Post a Comment