Monday, May 4, 2009

Say What?!!??!!

Today was my first follicle ultrasound. On the way to the doctor, I had no clue as to what we were checking for. I've been to so many appointments and checked for so many things that I am somewhat lost in the whole scheme of things. However, I soon found out that we were checking to see how many follicles were present on each ovary that could possibly receive an egg during ovulation. The ultrasound tech explained that about 7-8 follicles on each ovary was adequate for the process to work. She then told me that I have 15 follicles on my right ovary and 27 on the left. This next statement absolutely blew my mind. The tech looked at me and says, "Wow...You're Fertile"!! SAY WHAT?!!??!! In all my years of ob/gyn, endocrynology and reproductive biology visits, I have never heard those words. I walked out of that room smiling as if that tech had placed my baby right in my hands. Yeah, I know it may not seem to be that big of a deal but in the infertility world, GOOD NEWS is GREAT NEWS.


So the hormone injections begin tonight. I was prescribed 1vial of Bravelle and 1 vial of Menupur for ten days. I'm ready for this!! I'm not sure of any side effects I may feel, or what mood I'll be in; but I keep reminding myself that all "mothers" make sacrifices for their children. My sacrifices are just having to start a little earlier than most. I'm excited!!

My Faith Declaration: In Jesus' Name it SHALL be done!!!

1 comment: