Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's for the cause....

I am now on day 2 of the hormone shots. They actually aren't that bad. The first day's anticipation was dreadful but after the shot I see I have nothing to worry about. I had read blogs of other women explaining the pain they felt after the shots but my experience was a piece of cake. Yeah it stung a little but that was it. Thank God. I would have hated to fear this process for the next 6-8 days. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the other day the nurse told me that there is a possiblitly that the process could end sooner than planned. When I start the daily monitoring if they notice that I have enough mature follicles present then they may trigger me sooner than day 10. I am very hopeful considering the fact that each monitoring appoinment cost about $300. Let's do the math. Each visit is $300 and they have scheduled 6 visits-that is $1800 just for doctor's visits. Did I mention my insurance does not cover any of the cost. Here is their explanantion: The decision to have a child is a life choice just as an abortion; therefore infertility is not a covered diagnosis. Does that make any since? My husband and I pay over $250/month for medical insurance. We are both generally healthy people. However, the ONE medical issue that I am faced with is not covered by my insurance. THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!! The wrong thing that you say to a woman who can't have children naturally is that her desire to have children is merely a "choice of life". I feel I have a cause to fight. There has got to be a change in the world of infertility. There was no choice for my body to lack the things necessary to conceive naturally. There is however, a human right to have children. People are out there getting procedures such as Lasik Eye Surgery- no one is telling them that "seeing" is a choice of life. Oh yeah I am very upset. My husband and I have had to save for a while to pay for this process, and we still weren't fully prepared. BUT GOD!!!! He has blessed me with great friends. Just when we thought that the financial sacrifice was too great to conquer, God sent our friends to help. One of my best friends and her husband offered to finance the monitoring visits for us. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed by their generosity. It was just enough to motivate us to finish this race we've started. THANKS WARRENS. We love you. (The Finchs and baby Finch :) )

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the lack of insurance! Been there done that! Glad your first shot went well. :)

    ReplyDelete